First American Bank & Trust is truly a part of Athens history. Founded in 1928 by J. H. Hubert, we first opened our doors at the corner of College and Broad Streets across from the University of Georgia Arches. In 1971 we acquired our current Main Office at 300 College Avenue, which was originally constructed in 1906 as the post office/federal courthouse. Our building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and was the first adaptive reuse of an historical structure in the Downtown Athens area. After extensive renovations, we moved in June of 1973, and continue to utilize, adapt and preserve the building today.
Our stockholders are invested in success beyond our doors, because they live here. We put local dollars to work supporting local businesses, and help our community thrive. First American Bank & Trust is not just a Community Bank in name. With locations in Clayton, Winder, Watkinsville and Lawrenceville, First American Bank & Trust now delivers community building through local community banking beyond Athens. Since 1928 we’ve been building much more than a bank. We’ve been building a community. Stop by, and let us see how we can serve you.